Cyber security is a fast-moving sector, as both hackers and cybercriminals providers vie to outsmart each other. Cyberattacks are launched against organizations every day.
Financial losses from cybercrime exceed the total losses incurred from the global trade of all illegal drugs. Aside from financial losses, such forms of cyber-attacks can lead to reputation damage as well. There are many varieties of cyberattacks that happen in the world today. In this video, we take you through some of the five key cybersecurity threats organizations need to be aware of including:
1. As prominent ransomware groups such as LockBit continue to offer evolving products with targeted services, vulnerabilities have reduced in quantity whilst increasing in severity. In fact, last year, several vulnerabilities accounted for some of the biggest threats faced by organizations.
2. A Structured Query Language injection attack occurs on a database-driven website when the hackers manipulate a standard SQL query. An SQL query is a request for some action to be performed on a database, and a carefully constructed malicious request can create, modify or delete the data stored in the database.
3. Threat actors monetized criminal services to great success in 2022. Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a common security practice, and threat actors are turning to OTP bypass services to circumvent this layer of security. This area of the underground ecosystem will likely grow as demand increases for these services in the future.
4. World events have further complicated the threat landscape, with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine acting as a catalyst for further polarization of the underground. The most prolific threat to date has been KillNet, a pro-Russian group that gained notoriety through orchestrating distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks against pro-NATO countries and organizations. A DDoS attack is when attackers use multiple compromised systems to launch this attack.
5. The use of information-stealers will continue into 2023; since the beginning of 2022, there has been a substantial uptick in offering when compared to the same period of 2021.
If this information is helpful to you read our blog for more interesting and useful content, tips, and guidelines on similar topics. Contact the team of IT4YOU now if you have a specific question. Our specialists will be assisting you with your query.
Content curated by the team of IT4YOU on the basis of marketing materials provided by our partners/vendors.